Tuesday 8 October 2013

MINNESOTA OCTOBER 2013

Ryder, Payton and I have just returned from the USA! We went, with Mom to Minnesota for the weekend (Thursday to Monday) to celebrate my cousin's wedding.  I havn't seen my Mom's side of the family for 2 years. Ryder was Payton's age the last time I was there. It was sooo much fun to see everyone again and to watch the kids play!! So many kids and so many laughs. 

So glad Mom was with us as we had alot of luggage! Alot! She corralled the luggage and I corralled the kids! We made a great team!


Peanut, standing against the window watching her big brother watching the planes.

The hotel had a pool, so there was lots of swimming!
Ryder got braver every day, even jumping off the side into my arms!
 Of course, Ryder spent most of his swimming time driving trucks and towing McQueen with the help of goggles and Mater! LOL
 Mom even bought Peanut a floatie thing so she could play too!

After swimming there were tubbies. Ryder was a tub toy hoarder! Ha ha!

WE had time to visit the Komo Zoo. It is a free zoo with amazing animals! Ryder loved rolling with his big cousins through the zoo!

Garrett loved carrying Peanut everywhere!! She was such a great little baby whisperer!
 Grammy snuggles!


Alex's wedding was Saturday night.  We all got to get dressed up, even Payton Jeanne!

 
Uncle Pic and Ryder had the best time together! Pic convinced Ryder to get out there and "dance with chicks" Ryder kept running off the dance floor to let Pic know that he had been dancing with chicks! Ha ha!


 This is what little boys do at weddings....
 ..and when they get bored of that, they start digging in the cake! LOL
 This is what little girls do at weddings: hold babies!

 The day after the wedding, Mom, Ryder, Payton and I headed to Grandma Mimi's house half an hour away.  It has been several years since I'd seen Grandma and she had never met either one of my kids. Finally she got the chance!!! I was sooo excited for my children to be wrapped in Grandma Mimi's warm embrace!  It was the end of a very exciting trip, so both kids were super tired and a little crankier than normal, but Grandma won them over!  We were lucky because we also got to see my cousins Rachel and Mary Beth and their families and my Aunt and Uncle while we were there! So many kids and so much love!! We made sure to soak up as many hugs and as much love as we possibly could for we had no idea when we will all be together again!

Grandma Mimi and Payton
 Looks like Xavi got cut out of this pic. I am sure someone got a pic of all the kids with Gramma but apparently it wasn't me. LOL
Oh, here's a better one of all of us!
 Bye bye my sweet, happy Grandma Mimi!! We love you!

Today was filled with melt downs from a very tired two year old, but every fit he threw was so worth the weekend of partying filled with family, love and late bed times!! Thank you everyone for all the happy memories!!! We love you and miss you and hope we get to be together again soon!!!

Kiss your babies, count your blessings and go visit your family!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment