Monday 17 November 2014

STILL PROCRASTINATING....

Yep, still have 5 days until report cards are due and I'm still not done.  I've been procrastinating.
This morning Marty made us a yummy waffle breakfast with oranges on the side. Instead of getting up to squeeze in some marking while he and the kiddos cooked, I slept in. :)

After breakfast, I could have inputed a few marks, but I was busy playing "baby" with Payton and Ryder. Payton kept asking us to hold her and carry her around in our arms like she was a "baby." I didn't want to put her down! She is my kid that never wants to be squeezed or snuggled and here she was wanting us to rock her and coo at her! :) I couldn't resist!  She even wanted Ryder to hold her, but since she's so big, he had to sit down to hold her like a baby. 

I did take the kids to church, but while I was busy getting myself dressed, they were up to their own mischief.

I busted them before they had emptied all the drawers but I let them finish because it was soo stinkin' cute! This is the first time they have ever actually, on purpose collaborated on a project all by themselves. I love this brother/sister thing! ADORABLE!  (Plush, honestly, it was keeping them busy and quiet!) LOL
Instead of getting a bunch of marking done after church, Payton and I baked muffins.

Then the kids and I managed to spend two hours in Walmart, a good chunk of that in the Toy section because even a visit to Walmart with two little ones in tow is more fun than working on report cards. Bleh!  
Actually, we had a lot of un in Walmart. We got our groceries quickly and then despite the fact that our frozen strawberries were quickly defrosting, we scoured the toy department. Ryder rarely gets to go shopping with us now that I'm back at work. I usually go after work, or Marty goes without us.  Sometimes we all go to Costco, but they don't always have toys.  Ryder is definitely like a kid in a candy store when he sees all those toys, but he knows (I've drilled it into him) that we are just looking, we are NOT buying anything. He totally understands and at this time of year, I've explained that we are just getting ideas of what to ask Santa for. He LOVES this idea and goes nuts hollering, "Mom, Mom, I wanna ask Santa for this..and this... and this." I love and admire his innocent enthusiasm!! Payton on the other hand has no clue what I am talking about. She pretty much says, "okay" to everything. She says it with such confidence all the time that even I accept her "okays" with an optimistic hope that she actually comprehends she will NOT be taking those two ponies she has been dragging around the store for the past thirty minutes home with her....but she does not!  I tried several times to get her to give up those ponies, "here, Payte, let's put those ponies to bed so they can go night night with all their buddies" "Nooooo." Ryder found a Rudolph stuffie with a light up nose that played Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer when you pushed his ear. He fell in love. He carried it aroundl but kept saying, "Mom, maybe Santa will bring this reindeer for me?" I wasn't going to buy it for him, but I didn't think he had to put it back until we were at the til. In my own irresponsible way, I was just going to set it down on a shelf closer to the check out counter, so he could dance to the music the deer was playing just a little longer, but when I asked him for it, he said, "no, Mom, we gotta take him back so he can sleep with his buddies." Soooo, we walked all the way back to the Seasonal section to put Rudolph back with his buddies. Ryder settled him among the other reindeer and said, "Goodnight, Rudolph. Maybe I'll see you at my house at Christmas time." My heart melted right there! 
Payton on the other hand, was NOT letting go of her ponies.

Once we arrived at the til, I had Payton put her ponies up so we could "pay for them" and then told the cashier, we wern't actually buying them. Yep, I tricked Payton. Judge me if you want.  She was happy to give up the ponies to the cashier until she realized we were actually leaving the store without the ponies.  She cried. All the way home. Ryder was the best big brother trying his hardest to explain things to her. "Don't worry, Payton. You gotta wait until Christmas and then Santa will bring you those ponies and he'll put presents in your socks (I'm sure he meant stockings lol) and then he'll hang them back up and in the morning we'll open them!" His explanation was filled with the conviction of a pre schooler believing with unwavering  the magic of Christmas! I never want to forget these moments!!!!  

Anyway here it is 9:53pm and I have done NOTHING on my report cards! It's gonna be a long week, isn't it? LOL

Kiss your babies, count your blessings and finish your report cards on week nights. Weekends are too precious to give up!


1 comment:

  1. Love that Ryder is so excited to teach Payton the Christmas ropes!

    ReplyDelete