Sunday 25 January 2015

JANUARY?

Marty was gone all week so the kids, Scout and I were batchin' it. We survived. We had fun. We walked Scout, went to the library, took Ryder for a hair cut, played a couple hands of Old Maid, read stories and ate cereal. Yep, that's right. Ate cereal. For supper. Not all 5 nights, but at least 3 of them...don't judge! We had grilled cheese and pita pizzas too.
I used to cook. I really did...but somewhere between two kids and a full time job, I just couldn't find time to cook anymore. Marty must have gotten tired of pita pizzas because one day he just sort of took over planning, preparing and cooking dinner and I LOVE IT!!!  He's awesome at it and he always puts so much pride into whatever he makes.  We are spoiled!  Soo....when he is away, it's like I have completely forgotten how to cook, or I am too lazy, either way, Ryder has associated "Marty being gone" with us having cereal for supper. LOL


Another thing we do while Marty is gone, is let Scout read stories with us and sleep on Ryder's bed...actually, I think Marty knows about Scout sleeping on Ryder's bed, he just pretends he doesn't. :)





Every evening as soon as we got home from the Day Home, we'd grab Scout and head out to the 
soccer field. I usually walk Scout after the kids go to bed while Marty stays home with them, but with Marty being gone, the kids got to help me with our dog responsibility. At first I dreaded it. I thought I'd have to drag them through the snow and carry Payton the whole way...but it turned out to be fun adventure time and lil Payton, it turns out, can walk all by herself. She'll do anything to keep up with her brother.  "Me too" that's her anthem. :)

I actually started looking forward to our little adventures. It helped that the weather was incredibly warm and that the sun has been sticking around longer so we didn't have to walk in the dark for very long.





Thursday, there were puddles!! Puddles in January!!


Saturday night we had Un New Years. Yep, Un New Years. See, on our real New Years, all of our good friends were sick so we had to postpone our Friend New Years.  Saturday night everyone was feeling healthy, so we got to have our party!
 

We actually even got the kids to go to bed so that we could hang out as adults! How we've missed that! :)




Today it was plus 16 degrees! Plus 16 in January!! We even opened up the sandbox! 
 Plus 16? We had to go bike riding too obviously!! This has never in my lifetime happened in January before!

 Plus 16? We had to so see Uncle Dirt too!!!! He is not shedding though, so I know Winter is not actually over.


I cannot believe it's January!! It feels like spring out there! We are doing spring things, wearing spring coats, BBQing and soaking up this little Winter hiatus while it lasts!

kiss your babies, count your blessings and soak up that sunshine while it's here!!


2 comments:

  1. Doesn't every little boy need a dog to cuddle with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are squeezing every ounce of sunshine out of every day! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete