Friday 31 October 2014

HALLOWEEN 2014

Halloween 2014! 
In my mommy circles there is all kinds of talk about what to do with the candy from Trick or Treating. I had no idea there was anything else to do with it, besides eat it...so that's what I'm doing right now. I'm eating it.  
That's what the kids will do tomorrow (unless I eat it all tonight, while they sleep,) they will eat it. Not all at once, but they will eat it. The pop, they probably won't drink, but the chips, they will eat, the chocolate, they will eat and the suckers, well, they'll suck on them. They'll learn self discipline when we let them to pick 2 and only 2 pieces of candy after dinner every night.  They'll learn patience when we make them put the rest back into their buckets to save for the next night. They'll learn real life skills of how to deal with temptation. In real life the things that tempt you don't turn into a toy, or a car, or money when you put them in a magic bowl, stir them with a magic stick and leave them on the table over night. In real life, you have to learn to walk away when you've reached your limit and that is what my kids will get experience with, whether they learn it or not..we'll have to wait to see.

The kids wore two costumes this year. One to the Day Home. I got those costumes for 8 bucks each at Walmart. 8 Bucks??!! Can you believe they can make costumes for that?? These were the ones I didn't care if they got brownies or juice or markers all over them. These costumes were Halloween: Part 1.




Super-Man and Little Red Riding Hood.




We joined our neighbours for some Trick or Treating this evening. Our neighbours have two girls. They dressed as fairies. Ryder rocked his Spider-Man costume, mask and everything (I didn't know if he'd actually wear the mask) and Payton rocked her tutu (thanks to my friend Larissa for making it) and her Spider-Girl shirt (thanks to Marty for his art work.)  This was Payton's first Halloween and I was just happy she didn't have to wear a snow suit over it! LOL


Trick or Treating with friends is sooo much fun!

 Love that he wanted to wear the mask the whole night!

Not bad for her first "real" trick or treating costume, eh?!

She did spend some time in the Trick or Treating wagon.
And yes, she did try to chug her candy! LOL
Now both kiddos are in bed (2 hours later than usual) and I am sitting here, writing and eating chocolate..it's time for me to walk away.....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Kiss your babies, count your blessings and let 'em eat a little candy now and then, it's part of being a kid!



1 comment: