Thursday 31 January 2013

EARLY MORNING SNUGGLES

Ryder used to sleep from 7:00am-7pm, I swear he did, though it's been sooo long since that's happened I could be imagining it.  It's not that he's been waking up in the middle of the night, so much as he's been waking up EARLY in the morning.  I have always thought anything in the 5's (as in 5am) was way too early to start a day.  That being said, there were entire years when I woke up in the 5's very single week day morning to get in a long run, or a work out.  I guess what made those days different was that it was my choice to wake up and my flabby ass was my motivation and I could sleep in on weekends...now my flabby ass is excused because I chalk it up to pregnancy, it is no long my choice to wake up in the 5's, it is Ryder's and I NEVER get to catch up on sleep on the weekends! Every morning for the last little while, Ryder has been waking up between 5:30 and 5:45am.  He calls for me and I think about ignoring him (as long as his calling isn't urgent) however, I gotta admit, there is this little part of me, that secretly loves our EARLY morning time together.  I have found that I can just walk into his dark room, scoop him and his blankets out of the the crib, carry them to the big Lazy Boy chair that is still in his room (and will be until the new baby comes) to snuggle..sometimes for up to an hour.  We've actually both been falling asleep in the chair, his legs straddled around my ever growing tummy, his soft, sweet red head on my ever growing boobs and my arms wrapped tightly around his chubby little middle.  I know that I should probably lie him back in his crib once he falls asleep, and head back to my own bed so that I can get at least a few more minutes of precious rest, but I also know that my cuddle time with Ryder is going to get to be less and less especially once Peanut arrives, once Ryder discovers how much cooler Dad is than me and once he gets too big to fit comfortably in the chair with me.  I have decided that I am going to let us both enjoy these last few months of "alone time" together guilt free...  

 No pics of us cuddling together, no one else is awake at that time, not even Scout.
Cute lil guy in the tubby!
 Wearing Daddy's shoes...he thought he was sooo clever putting Marty's shoes on.

Well, it's after 10pm and I should be in bed, but I can never seem to get there before 11.  Tomorrow, I'll be tired, but I will also be happy because my day will most likely start with warm cuddles from my favorite almost two year old.

Kiss your babies, count your blessings and hold those lil ones while you can!!


No comments:

Post a Comment